The other day, while browsing one of my favorite design blogs, I came across a post and had a definite "Why didn't I think of that?" moment! I think you may possibly feel the same. Here is their post and this is my take on it...

Many months ago I had purchased this Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Spring Cleaning Kit at my local grocery store. The scent: Rhubarb. I love rhubarb and I also love the way Mrs. Meyers' products capture the true fragrance. I expected to use it right a way, but I decided that I should probably use up my other cleaning products before opening more bottles. Time passed and this little box got pushed to the corner of the laundry room shelf.

So, while reading Sherry and John's post on their blog, This Young House, it occurred to me that I had everything I needed to create my own aroma diffuser. A glass vase, wooden skewers from the grocery store and a pretty, scented liqiud. It was their idea to use the Mrs. Meyer's All Purpose Cleaner. A lightbulb turned on and I remembered that I had some waiting for me in the corner of my laundry room! Score! I had everything I needed. Cost: FREE!

I've had my brand new (home made!) aroma diffuser sitting on the mantle in our living room for a few days now and I can honestly say that the scent fills the room. Here's what I really love about it: I've had aroma diffusers before that use essential oils to provide the fragrance. I have never appreciated the clean-up from the oil since drips can happen when you turn the sticks over (to refresh the scent). I have learned that the oily residue can leave spots on some surfaces if not cleaned up immediately. With the Mrs. Meyer's All Purpose Cleaner it's a breeze to wipe up. It's just soap. Count it as "cleaning"!

I was thrilled that I already had everything that I needed right here at home. But, even if I hadn't, it would not have cost much to purchase these items. Ten dollars, maybe? Of course, this all depends on how extravagant you get with your vase! But $10 is far better than the alternative: spending $25 or more to buy one at the store and hoping that you love the scent once you get it home and put up on display.

So, much thanks to John and Sherry for sharing their idea!
Take it from me, it was easy! Try it out! You won't be disappointed!

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online