My best friend, Kelly, and I went thrifting again yesterday in downtown Seattle!

She walked away with several pairs of new jeans, a super cute jacket and various other items that were just too good to pass up, and I came away with these...


A hand carved wooden bowl..


...that has a twist to it...


...but I'm calling it "character"!

I rubbed it with Danish oil today and I really like how it turned out. I'll post pics tomorrow!


I was thrilled with that find, but I am

really,

really

excited

about these:



Vintage Shoe Forms!


A pair of them in great condition!


As soon as I picked them up I knew what I wanted to do with them...


...but you'll have to wait to see what I've got going on!


I should be done with the project tomorrow!


I think they're very cool!


The absolute BEST part about these finds were their prices...

*drumroll please*

I paid a whopping $1.99 for each!
My total was $4.00!
Nice!

I had spent time browsing the store, but decided to make another quick go-around through the "home decor" section before we left. These were on the bottom shelf (basically, on the floor!) and I had completely missed them the first time!

Lesson learned!
From now on, I'll get on my knees if I have to because the best finds may be hiding just out of sight!

Can't wait to show you the finished projects and how I am making them even better!
Check back tomorrow to see the "after" pictures!

.................................................................

I think it's safe to say that Kelly and I are definitely Hooked On Thrifting!
To see what Julia is Hooked On this week, head over to Hooked On Houses and visit her weekly blog party!
What are you Hooked On?

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online