I just got back from a short vacation to Bermuda with my husband. We left the kids to reconnect and celebrate our 18 year anniversary!
Pink sand and turquoise water is a winning combination. As soon as we got to our hotel we immediately relaxed! These two photos are from Tucker's Point. It is a gorgeous hotel.
As soon as we settle in, we both always look at the real estate guides; we are always interested in properties. This particular home caught our eye. I guess you could say it's our hobby, because of course we could never afford to buy such an extravagant retreat.
This home was designed and influenced by renaissance architecture. If you look beyond the gorgeous furniture and notice the architecture itself, the room is quite grand. I love the fireplace and the french doors. But what really caught my attention was the ceilings - every room in this estate has interesting ceilings. The wood ceiling above really warms up the opulent space.
Perhaps the most impressive ceiling was in the dining room. The coved ceiling was illuminated in gold leaf.
The kitchen ceiling was also an interesting work of art. I loved the wood design and the way it was white washed and distressed. Of course the zinc hood made me swoon.
I just fell in love with this office! The doors, the view and the ceiling -stained the same color as the ocean. Just beautiful!
I really like the relaxed feeling of this guest room. It is has the classic wood/tropical ambiance. Another room with spectacular ceilings.
Overall the home is a bit too opulent for me but they seemed to get the bedrooms right! Here the view in the master bedroom takes center stage - and the coffered ceiling is nice too.
This is the lovely view off the master bedroom terrace - beautiful iron work on the railings. Again notice the ceiling, clearly no detail was overlooked.
Of course I could get used to cocktails by the pool...but its back to reality for me. If you want to dream a little, check out the rest of this estate here. End of the year school activities with kids are keeping me busy since I returned, but it was a wonderful anniversary trip!!
(all photos Tuckers Point and Sotheby's)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online