I got more compliments from people on this sign at the wedding than I ever imagined I would.

(You can see the first sign that I made for this wedding by clicking here.)


Simplicity was key on this one.

The basic structure was about as simple as it gets.

A 2x4 cut down to 2" x 2" that stands 6 feet tall, surrounded by 1" x 4" boards to keep it stable...



The directional arrows were 1x4's cut down to about 20" long with one end cut to form a point...


Everything got a single coat of white paint. Imperfections in the coat added to the character and charm of the overall sign...

I added the letters to the arrows the same way that I do all of my lettering around here (click here for the "How-To"), minus the carbon paper. Pine is pretty soft so as I wrote on it I was left with an indentation in the wood...

Since I was going for a definite handwritten look, I skipped tracing the letters perfectly and chose to freehand it a bit...


Using my trusty paint pen, I wrote out each word on the front and back of each arrow...

The arrows all got a coat of poly since this would be an outdoor sign...and just in case the rain decided to show up at the wedding...

Luckily for all of us, it didn't!


Two screws in each arrow was all it took to keep them in place...






And here it is at the wedding!


It took a bit of time to make, but mostly it was just waiting for paint to dry...and I am always impatient when it comes to drying paint. Other than that it was really quick, easy and super cheap to make!

The wedding was fantastic! I am talking with the photographer right now to see if she'll let me post more of her photos from that day. It was sunny and gorgeous and the grounds were stunning!

We'll see. Fingers crossed that she'll let me show you more photos!

(No pressure or anything, Tiffany!)

:)

In the mean time, you can check out her website:

TiffanyBurkePhotography.com

and her

Facebook Fan Page



Congratulations, Kelly & Cherisse!

We love you!




P.S. I am linking to:

Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Get Your Craft On Tuesday at Today's Creative Blog
Show & Tell Day at Blue Cricket Design
Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggeritaville
100 Under $100 at Beyond The Picket Fence
Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori
Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple
Make It Yours Day at My Backyard Eden
Inspired By at The Inspired Room
DIY Day at A Soft Place To Land


0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online